Livingston, New Jersey Breast Reconstruction
Those living in the Livingston, New Jersey area have access to one of the top plastic surgeons in the area, Dr. Cooperman. Dr. Cooperman boasts years of experience providing the most compassionate and expert reconstructive procedures for women who have had a mastectomy or lumpectomy. After a mastectomy or lumpectomy, a woman has the choice to determine if she wants a breast reconstruction procedure. If she decides that a breast reconstruction procedure in Livingston is what she wants, there is no better place to receive this procedure than Cooperman Plastics.
The breast reconstruction procedures available at Cooperman Plastics provide the patient with several options for their procedure. After a consultation with Dr. Cooperman, together you will decide which of the following breast reconstruction procedures in Livingston, NJ will work best to meet your needs.
- DIEP Flap Breast Reconstruction: The DIEP (Deep Inferior Epigastric Perforator) flap reconstruction surgery utilizes small blood vessels, skin, and fat from the patient’s abdomen to recreate a breast. The final result leaves a natural feeling and looking breast, and a flat abdomen.
- Implant Reconstruction: Another breast reconstruction option, implant reconstruction involves the placement of a saline or silicone implant under the layer of chest muscle. This procedure leaves the patient with a full, natural, and aesthetically pleasing chest.
- Latissimus Flap: In this procedure skin, fat, and muscle are taken from the back to sculpt a natural-looking breast. This procedure is usually used with an implant to provide the necessary volume to create a breast.
- PAP Flap: The PAP flap procedure utilizes skin and fatty tissue from the medial thigh which is transferred to make an aesthetically pleasing and natural breast.
- Nipple Reconstruction: Candidates for any of the above procedures may also consider nipple reconstruction in addition to their reconstruction. This procedure is typically done after the breast reconstruction surgery has had time to heal, and it is up to the patient if she would like it. A new nipple may be achieved by using new tissue and 3-D tattooing techniques.
Dr. Cooperman expertly consults with each patient to determine the best plan for breast reconstruction. Note that not all patients will be able to choose between all of the procedures. Every patient has unique desires and aesthetic goals and he work to meet them while observing caution to decide what is best for the patient. Contact us today to schedule a consultation.